Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Best areas to live with families (Read 6347 times)
26.09.2011 at 17:50:56

booboo76   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi

We are moving to Toulouse early next year and would appriciate any advice on nice areas to live.  I have two children ages 12 and 8 who don't speak a lot of french at the moment and will probably go to the international school, so don't want to live too far away.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sharon

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 30.09.2011 at 08:41:45

White Rabbit   Offline
Wonderland

I think you should find a number of interesting hints in the discussion "Finding Accomodation in Toulouse", where "good" and "bad" areas have been discussed.

Don't hesitate to ask further questions if that's not enough!

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 05.10.2011 at 20:23:33

eacochran   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hello.  I apologize if this is a personal question, but are you looking to buy or rent?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 06.10.2011 at 14:21:03

KSeraSera   Offline
YaBB Newbies

We moved to Busca, and it seems really family oriented. It is very close to Jardin des Plants and is a lovely neighbourhood - close to downtown, but still not right in the centre.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 21.11.2011 at 10:58:04

Happyangel   Offline
YaBB Newbies

If your children go to international school, there is one international school in Colomiers. So you can choose the house in Colomiers, Tournefeuille or Plaisance du Touch.

I live in Plaisance du Touch, I like here very much.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 01.12.2011 at 13:26:53

montgopl   Offline
YaBB Newbies

We live in Cornebarrieu with very easy access to Colomiers (for the Paul Bert CLIN program at the elementary level) and easy access to IST if you want it. It is a surprisingly quiet little town given that it is so close to the airport. The local schools have been great with our children (who didn't know French when we arrived).

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 01.12.2011 at 13:42:37
Cooprock   Ex Member

Hi,
If you are planning on sending them to Victor Hugo International School in Colomier, their list of catchment areas are as follows:-Pibrac, Brax, Colomier, Leguevin or Salvetat St Gille. 

Our daughter started there in September and we have been really pleased with the support they have given her. However, we really struggled to get her in, because we live outside of the catchment. At the time had arrived in Toulouse, we couldnt find a house to rent in our price range and in the areas they specify but needed somewhere to  live, so we took the chance and fortunately it worked out.

Let me know if I can help with anything, we have just been through the same thing this year, so may have a few pearls of wisdom to offer!! LOL

Good luck with the move! Smiley

IP Logged