Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Finding accommodation in Toulouse (Read 49831 times)
07.04.2009 at 01:21:47

Guy   Offline
Toulouse

Hello all,

I am Guy and I am moving to the Toulouse area in the next few days to start a new job. I will be hoping to find accommodation to the north of Toulouse, and also (flat hunting permitting) try to make it to the French Fridays event this week. Hope to meet a few of you soon.

If anyone can give me any advice on which towns or villages to the north of Toulouse are pleasant to live in (or any areas to avoid), that would be fantastically helpful. I will be working in Blagnac, and am looking as far north as Grenade, west as Leguevin, and east as Castelginest. Basically no more than 30mins travel to Blagnac. Ideally a village location with a couple of facilities (boulongerie etc).

Guy
« Last Edit: 12.05.2009 at 15:49:47 by Narelle Lewis »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 07.04.2009 at 11:56:06

Narelle Lewis   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Toulouse

Welcome to English in Toulouse, Guy!

Areas to avoid: Fontaine-Lestang, Mermoz, Bagatelle, Le Mirail, Reynerie, Bellefontaine, Basso-Cambo.

Good areas to look: Blagnac, Colomiers, Tournefeuille, St Simon, Plaisance du Touch, St Martin du Touch or closer to town: Les Minimes, Compans Cafarelli etc.

For flat/house hunting, try http://www.seloger.com

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 07.04.2009 at 12:55:03

Guy   Offline
Toulouse

Hi Narelle,

Firstly thanks. I'm travelling down tomorrow so it was a bit of an urgent one.

Couple of questions: Colomiers - there seems to be a lot of rental accommodation there, mostly flats, in blocks of flats. Is Colomiers really a good location or are many of the blocks of flats HLM? Brax - is it nice?

I get the picture that the SW of Toulouse is not the place to live, but I am not looking to live in town, more in a rural or village location. There seems to also be accommodation (I'm looking at F3 & T3) in Cornebarrieu, Leguevin and Levignac. Do you know anything about any of these?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 07.04.2009 at 12:59:57

Narelle Lewis   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Toulouse

Colomiers has lots of blocks of flats, but it's not a bad area -- just not very pretty.

Never heard of Brax and don't know anything about Cornebarrieu, Leguevin and Levignac, sorry.

I'm in Tournefeuille, which is 5 mins from Airbus in Blagnac and 15 mins from Toulouse. It's nice -- a real village with Friday night and Sunday morning markets, a cultural cinema house and a fantastic bakery. I'd recommend it.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 07.04.2009 at 13:27:30

Guy   Offline
Toulouse

OK, thanks, i might avoid Colomiers unless I have to. Brax is a little village on the rail line, just north of Leguevin. I'll have a look for Tournefeuille, but I haven't seen much come up there for rent. Unless you know otherwise? I have been using paru vendu and seloger sites. Any other sites specific to Toulouse you'd recommend?

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 09.04.2009 at 11:11:07

Queen Jennifer   Offline
Global Moderator
Toulouse, Côte Pavée

If you're looking for somewhere nice definitely avoid Colomiers Smiley

I've heard good things about Pibrac. Good luck!

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 10.04.2009 at 16:14:03

White Rabbit   Offline
Wonderland

Another site is particulier a particulier which normally has no agencies -- private landlords renting directly.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 10.04.2009 at 21:44:40

Guy   Offline
Toulouse

Thank you all. Have rented a great flat in Brax eventually.

Having toured the area, for what I wanted the best locations for me were Brax and Pibrac, but Merville and Leguevin were also pleasant.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 14.05.2009 at 17:53:51

Nata   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi Guy,
I live in Fontenilles, its not far from the centre of Leguvin and Brax, so i know this area. Hope you are enjoying your flat there!
Its a bit far from Toulouse if you go there every day for work, but its a nice place, campane, and there is a forest not far from there.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 21.09.2009 at 16:54:13

Lozza - Laura   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Toulouse city centre

12 Appartments to rent (Studios, T1bis et T2) Rue Riquet. Not far from FNAC and Jean Jaures. Price per month between 410 and 480 Euros.

12 Appartement à Louer (Studios, T1bis et T2) Rue Riquet. Pas loin de FNAC et Jean Jaures. Entre 410 et 480 EUROS par mois.

If you are interested call / Si vous êtes intéresser apppellez au

06 05 16 87 98 Laura McKain (VM Immobilier) 

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 01.10.2009 at 22:39:14

Guy   Offline
Toulouse

I've decided I like the area NW of Toulouse so much I've decided to buy something there, but not in Brax, a little further out. If you go the far side of the Foret Bouconne property is definitely cheaper.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 01.12.2009 at 12:39:39
ANDREW SPARSIS   Ex Member

FREE ACCOMADATION IN FARM HOUSE(BASIC)IN EXCHANGE FOR HELP IN THE GARDEN,I'M 55K SOUTH OF TOULOUSE,NEAREST STATION SAVERDUN,EMAIL ME AT NARVIK15@HOTMAIL.CO.UK, OR AFTER 7PM.0468603943.THANK YOU ANDREW SPARSIS

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 06.12.2009 at 15:20:11

Guy   Offline
Toulouse

Obviously the pap and seloger sites are a good place to start, but I've dealt with Natalie from Begue Gestion and Cecile from Bourse Immoblier in Leguevin, over my time here. Both helpful, knowledgeable and friendly, so if you're looking for Blagnac or the area to the west of it - Pibrac, Brax, Leguevin etc I'd recommand them. Not sure if they have huge amounts of English though, but probably speak some.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 05.02.2010 at 00:05:17

Guy   Offline
Toulouse

I withdraw my recommendation for the former, as I have moved out of my rented accommodation and am experiencing difficulties in recovery of deposit in a fair and timely manner.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 05.02.2010 at 05:24:23

Narelle Lewis   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Toulouse

Oh no! Sad Hope you get it sorted out quickly!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3